I hope your weeks are moving along well. Things are going well here! There's a lot to be excited about. If you missed the exciting news yesterday, you can read all about it here. Along with the news I shared yesterday, I have 3 other big pieces of info to share with you all:
1. I have my very first business sponsor!! Can you believe that? I surely can't! We're still working out the details, but I can't wait to share more info about this business with you all. I think you'll be pretty excited about it. Along with this, my friend, Meg, at henning love is sponsoring The Foreign Domestic all December. You should pay her a visit to say hello! Thanks, again, Meg!
2. As a goal, I told my husband when I hit 50 followers that I would give my blog a facelift. Well, yesterday I hit 50 followers (thank you all!) so I'll be updating the look of my blog! We all know that the number of followers we have doesn't define us or our blogs, but it's encouraging to know people are excited about the things I'm excited to share! Plus, this goal gave me some extra motivation to perform "digital surgery." Stay tuned on this one--I'm hoping to have it all complete by next week!
3. I've been asked to guest blog for a few different blogs in the next couple of months. I'm really looking forward to linking up with some other bloggers. I'll share all the details of when and where the posts will be when the time comes.
Switching gears for a bit. Do you remember when I told you in the living room makeover reveal post that I would share the breakdown of what I did for the makeover? If not, you can click here to read all about that! Exactly one week from the reveal, I'm sharing the breakdown of what I did.
Let's look at it by the numbers:
1. I wanted to rearrange some of the furniture to open it up more. You can see from the before pictures, that the living room was a little closed off. I wasn't a huge fan of moving the love seat in front of the window, but it worked so I did it. I was so tempted to buy and install window treatments but I kept reminding myself that we'll only be here a few more months.
2. Remember the lamp upgrade? Here's a link to that post if you missed it. I think the colors work well with the rest of the room.
3. I found a sweet deal on colorful pillows to add more "pop" to the room. I actually ended up pulling in pieces of art from other rooms that matched the pillows.
4. You may also remember seeing little DVD cases in the before pictures. Those little guys stack nicely so I made them one big shelf. I have a decent entertainment center in storage so I didn't want to spend any extra money on getting new shelves when I didn't have to. We'll see that center again in the future.
5. I brought in a bookshelf from our office and painted it a brighter yellow color.
6. I got this fancy looking mirror for $10. It's so fun, don't you think?
7. Remember this awesome gift from my husband? You can read all about it here. I love the way this looks in the room. The best part is, it looks even better in person--trust me!
1. I made these unique pieces for the wall for $19.00. You can read all about them and how I made them at the bottom of this post.
2. Again, I shifted some furniture and got two more accent pillows to brighten up the room.
3. I painted a couple of wooden stools that were in the kitchen area before. I decided to go with a pistachio color. Here are a couple of before/after shots of the stools. In the past, I probably wouldn't have chosen pistachio, but I figured if I didn't like it I could always paint over it! Gotta love paint!
1. You can also see where I moved these pieces from the TV wall to the side wall in the before/after pictures. I've had that cool looking key for a couple of months now, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I kind of like it in it's new home. Also, something about the key reminds me of that old movie Never Ending Story. I love it.
2. Remember my entryway makeover? You can catch up on that here. Well, I found what was missing. Remember that mirror redo? You can read all about that here. I found a home for the mirror and now the entryway feels complete.
**Non-Numbered Item** I purchased the area rug at a very decent price ($69.00 with military discount) from the Home Depot. If you're looking for a nice rug at a reasonable price, check out their selection.
Here's the breakdown of expenses:
Sun Mirror- $10.00
Area Rug- $69.00
Wall Art- $19.00
Extra Paint- $7.00
Extra Paint- $7.00
Again, my goal was $100 so I was over my budget by $33. I don't think that was too bad.
I can't wait until I can get my hands on some of the furniture we have packed away in storage to help bring our living room together even more. Until then, this will do!
Linking Up Here: