|My Homemade Banana Muffin Recipe|
I thought about all of the ingredients I would need for this project and I had all of them--excellent! I've used few different banana muffin/bread recipes over the years and I've adapted my own. This time I added chopped walnuts and raisins and I think they turned out nicely!
Here's what I used for this batch of muffins:
- 1/2 stick (4-5 tablespoons) softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. In one bowl combine butter, eggs, bananas, sugar, raisins, and vanilla (optional).
- In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and walnuts.
- Combine both bowls and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Eat! (And hopefully enjoy)