“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.” - Don Williams, Jr.
I took this photo while traveling in Japan at the end of 2011. The interesting structure caught my attention and I had to take a picture of it. It almost looks like a roller coaster, but if you look carefully you'll see that it would be a very dangerous roller coaster with the beams running so close to one another. I came across the quote above and thought it would fit well with the photo. The twists and turns of life...it's a great reminder to enjoy the journey and not get overly focused on the destination. How's your journey so far??
**********This week's guest judge for the Edit Me Challenge is Amy Sands from Little Adventures. I was pretty excited to see she provided a photo of a horse. I'm not sure I've ever edited a picture of a horse before. Well, there's a first time for everything, right?
I've decided to get a little more bold with my edits but I'm not sure how bold this really is. Here's what I did:
- First, I cropped it in a bit.
- I practically maxed out on the clarity and vibrance settings on the picture.
- I increased the recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, and contrast.
- Might lights and darks stayed pretty balanced but I did darken my lights a bit.
- With split toning, I changed the hue to a 66.
- For detail I sharpened it a bit but didn't use any masking.
Oh, if you haven't added your photo to this week's Finagle a Foto Challenge, it's not too late. The challenge this week is "Favorite Things". Click here to join in the fun!
Wordless Wednesday Momtog
Wordless Wednesday Kent Weakley