For the Salad:
1lb of shrimp
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup Napa cabbage, shredded (I took a shortcut and got the bag of pre-shredded cabbage)
1 cup red cabbage shredded (I took a shortcut and got the bag of pre-shredded cabbage)
1 cup pineapple, cut into tidbits
1 cup carrots, shredded (I took a shortcut and got a bag of pre-shredded carrots)
1/2 cup daikon, shredded
1/4 cup green onion, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Dressing:
1/2 lime, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 jalepeno, or to taste
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper, and add minced garlic. Set aside for a few minutes
- Over medium-high heat, heat a skillet or pan and add olive oil
- When oil is hot, add shrimp and cook, turning occasionally until fully cooked. Remove when done.
- Squeeze juice from a wedge of lime on the shrimp and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the salad ingredients (red and napa cabbage, carrots, pineapple, daikon, green onion, and cilantro). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients and mix together.
- Pour dressing into a blender, and blend until emulsified.
- Add shrimp and dressing to salad and mix to combine. Serve with a lime wedge.